Posted from Boing Boing (Sept 14th 2005):
Five things I’d ask every Supreme Court nominee if I sat on the Senate Judiciary Committee
1. If you knew to an absolute moral certainty that you could capture and consume a live infant without being caught, how many do you suppose you could eat in a weekend?
2. Have you ever been spanked erotically by someone who was not your current legal spouse? Just yes or no, please.
3. Nominee, do you regard these slacks as accentuating my basket in an un-senatorial fashion?
4. Describe in single words, only the good things that come into your mind about…your mother.
5. Kindly rise, and sing the 1979 hit, The Pina Colada Song, also known as Escape.
The new Supreme Court Chief Justice was sworn in today. The public opinion is very mixed as to whether he will kill democracy as we know it, or just be a good Chief Justice. The one story I read (and damned if I can’t find it again) suggested he would be objective and not let his religious beliefs get in the way of decisions. He is now the 4th Catholic Justice, whatever that means.
That’s what happened. That’s all I can say.
Commenting on this Blog post is closed.