So many great things in this video - it's an hour and fifteen minutes, but you really should watch this.
Not only did Randy achieve his childhood dreams, but he has taken his process for doing so and boiled it down to this talk, which we can now pass on to others. This guy is dying, yet he is so positive. I love it and I love this talk. Thanks @supaben34 for bringing up my day (actually, my whole year).
Some key points:
- The Head Fake: we don't send kids to sports to learn about football.
- To achieve your dreams, you have to get over the brick walls. The brick walls are there to weed out the people who don't want to achieve their dreams.
- Even if you are denied at first, you can still reach your dreams through karma and more brick-wall-jumping.
- Carnegie Mellon's ETC is freaking awesome. So awesome, they're spreading their labs to other continents, and five companies have letters open guaranteeing to hire their students.
- There are some great examples of interdisciplinary stuff - putting left- and right-brained people on the same teams.
- It's nice to have metrics telling you how well you work with others.
- Always put others before yourself.
- If you are patient, everyone will impress you. Just keep waiting.
- I am going to have to check out the Alice project, like a lot
Commenting on this Blog post is closed.