Back at BarCampOrlando this year, I gave a (mostly finished) version of this presentation, about the fall of the local bookstore, and a strategy for saving such establishments. As BarCamp is filled with programmers, I then tried to give them a relevant example: how to make your app better. (read: website, product, video, etc.) My argument is to focus on storytelling, and think like a Boutique. Credit goes to Tara Hunt for the idea of boutique stores. This is also related to a post about bookstores on this blog.
Some posts about this year's BlogOrlando:
- Christa's Day at BarCampOrlando
- My video from the pillow fight, Pillowlando
- Krissi at BarCampOrlando
- Keith at BarCampOrlando
- BarCampOrlando on the Linux Souls blog
- Jim's BarCamp Orlando photoset
- Searching Flickr for "barcamporlando"
Commenting on this Blog post is closed.