Had a great talk of about 35 minutes. I will link to folks' blogs and stuff in a few minutes, but I just realised I hadn't posted this yet. Flash player coming soon too.
Some talking points:
- What's your interest in this podcast session? I've been podcasting for two years.
- Can we make podcasting more accessible? Understand how your audience consumes media.
- How did you get into creating podcasts? I wanted to record conversations.
- Why can't everyone be famous? Sometimes being a celebrity helps, you need an audience.
- The subject matter of your podcast is intrinsically bonded to your audience. You can't force it on them.
- What happens if you do something outside your niche? Don't create any more channels.
- Podcasts are personal. For audiences and producers. Producers and hosts are members of the community.
- Syndication to larger sites as well as smaller sites can help you grow your audience.
- Doing an "informal" podcast is the same as a formal one - "once you start, you can't stop!"
- Can we use podcasts to bridge the barriers of language and culture? Visuals, video with subtitles.
- Why video gets more play and advertising than audio - because of engagement.
- How people consume media in suburban vs. urban areas.
- How do I make money? Monetization must be in the plan from day 1.
- Using services like Revver to reward the sharer, creator and host.
Links mentioned in this podcast:
Commenting on this Blog post is closed.